Application: Hawthorn Reorganization Committee
The Superintendent is looking for volunteers to serve on the Hawthorn School Reorganization Committee. If you are interested in being considered, please complete the online application by June 10. More information is available in the AYP/School Choice Update web article.
SUMMER 2013 PROGRAM REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
The course catalog and online registration site for Hawthorn Enrichment Institute 2013 is now open! You can also sign up for Hawthorn Band/Orchestra Camp. Visit http://www.hawthorn73.org/summerprograms for details!
See the “movie trailer” about the HEI program: HEI Movie Trailer
Also, the direct links for the registration websites are:
Band/Orchestra Camp: https://www.illinoisepay.com/epay/GetSite?cmd=get&siteId=1149
5th graders worked towards the goal of 50% of students meeting their MAP
Reading Growth Targets.
PRIZE: Throw whip cream pies in Dr. Kieffer’s face.
BUT, students challenged themselves even higher to have 60% of students
meeting their MAP Reading Growth Targets.
PRIZE: Throw whip cream pies in Dr. Kieffer and Mr. Infante’s faces!!
Way to go 5th graders!!! 60.8%
Take a look at the pictures! 5th grade Achievement Assembly
Townline Elementary School, along with other schools in Hawthorn District 73, will benefit from solar energy next school year. Administration wrote a grant for Solar Panels through the Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation. Not only will we see lower electricity costs, but students and staff will also learn more about the benefits of harnessing the sun’s power. Our staff plan to infuse the concepts of solar energy and conservation into their curriculum and use the panels as a teaching tool. For more information about the Illinois Solar Schools Program, please visit the following website: http://www.illinoissolarschools.org
Not sure what to do with the old one? Hawthorn School District 73 is asking for your old iPhones (and iPods). When you get a new iPhone, the old one is virtually useless to you, but can be extremely useful to students and teachers. Old iPhones can be turned into iPods, loaded with tons of educational Apps to be used by students and can be used as: Calculators, Cameras, Video Cameras, Video Editing Stations, Digital portfolios, Audio Recorders, Notepads, Document Cameras and much more! Please consider donating your old iPhone at any of our 7 school offices or the district office today, and don’t forget to ask for a tax receipt. For questions, please contact Trevor Hope at (847) 990-4233 or my email address.
In order for our drop off and pick up line to be effective, and more importantly, SAFE, please be extremely mindful of the following:
– Our top priority for all children at Townline is safety. Please drive slowly in our parking lot and pick-up line.
– The pick-up line is a single file line; therefore, children must exit and enter their vehicles curbside only.
– No cell phone use of any kind in the school zone. If violated, the Vernon Hills police Department can issue tickets.
– If you need to leave your car, you must park in a designated parking spot.
– Be respectful of the Hawthorn Staff. They are there to make sure all our children are safe and protected.
– Be mindful and patient of other vehicles.
- Meet our October SOAR Winners! November 15, 2018
- Choir Performs at the Chicago Wolves Game November 15, 2018
- Meet a Teacher, Bring a Can…. November 10, 2018
- Sharing Hands Food Drive Starts Next Monday November 7, 2018
- Writer and Illustrator Visit Townline and School of Dual Language November 5, 2018